Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pool season

I finally dove in with the kids. They’ve been swimming for over a month, but it’s warm enough now for me to join them. We hit the pool most mornings as soon as Lars goes down for his morning nap. We usually stay out there after he wakes and up until lunch time. Then the kids go out again once Luke gets home from work while I make dinner.

Masie likes to swim and then get out and take a “bath.”

DSC_9747

And she even scrubs herself.

DSC_9748DSC_9752 copyDSC_9755 copy

This photo is model worthy I think. I love when only half Lyla’s hair gets wet.

DSC_9756 copyDSC_9762DSC_9770

Miles is trying out flippers for the first time. He’s moved up to the advanced stroke swim class. He’ll be swimming the length of the pool for 50 minutes! I’m sure he’ll quickly build up his endurance. He and I raced across our pool while he wore his flippers, and the little fish is quite a bit faster than me!!

DSC_9786DSC_9789

Our little drama boy cut his thumb. The sight of blood nearly makes him pass out and sends him into a screaming fit for a few minutes. It was the size of a paper cut and happened while he was with Grandma. Ask her, she’ll tell you the whole story.  He’s been cradling his thumb for a couple of days. It hinders his swimming fun just a little.

DSC_9792DSC_9793DSC_9797DSC_9799DSC_9805DSC_9808DSC_9811 copyDSC_9815DSC_9822DSC_9828 copyDSC_9829DSC_9843DSC_9844DSC_9851 copyDSC_9852DSC_9855

Poor little Thumbkin.

DSC_9857DSC_9858 copy

“It’s niiiice!” Lyla says as she showers herself.

DSC_9864DSC_9866

Then she wants to put the niceness on me. Such a sweetie.

DSC_9869DSC_9870

The $5 slide I found at a garage sale has become our pool slide. Money well spent.

DSC_9874DSC_9890DSC_9892DSC_9897

The kids love the freedom of eating their 10 a.m. snack outside. I’m a stickler in the house. Food is only eaten at the table. Every once and a while I’ll set out a picnic blanket in the playroom for tea time or popcorn while watching a movie. Otherwise, if you want food, you must be seated in the kitchen. When we’re outside, the rules don’t follow us. The kids walk around sharing snacks and digging in whenever they want, as long as their hands are dry. Usually it’s Miles that doles out the serving sizes to everyone else. Lyla loves it when she gets all the yummies to herself.

DSC_9900DSC_9904DSC_9906

I have to make note that I purposely put swimsuits on the kids to be able to post photos online. Usually they’re in the pool with their undies or birthday suits. We love summer!!

1 comments:

Christine Mains

Your kids are so lucky to have a pool in their backyard, and fabulous pool weather. I cannot believe your 3 year old is swimming on her own. That is amazing! My 3 year old still doesn't like to be in the water for too long, he prefers to walk around the pool, and to only put his feet in.