Monday, December 17, 2007

Here's a story


So, I thought I should mention why I was without a vehicle last week . . . The night that Luke had his jaw surgery, yes, way back the end of October, my car was in an accident - whah! My mom was watching Miles - bless her - while I was at the waiting room in the surgical center. Well, Mom used my car to run some errands and some creep backed into my car and then took off. I know! It makes me so mad that people can be so dishonest. I am so glad that neither Miles or Mom were hurt, but you can see he did some damage. I needed a new hood, grill, and even the bumper had to be replaced. I finally got around to taking the car into the shop last week. It was rough to be without a car for 4 days, but somehow Miles and I managed thanks to some friends that let us hitch a ride :) I am very happy to have my wheels back and the car looking great again.

3 comments:

super

Cringe! I'm still embarrassed and feel badly about this. Mom

Paradise Found

What do you have to be embarrassed about!?! It was not your fault that it was a jerk that ran into you. I am really glad that you were here help with Miles.

Chellie

Oh no! That is terrible that someone drove off. Thank goodness for insurance in circumstances like this that we have no control over.

I remember buying a brand new Honda Accord about 7 years ago. It was gorgeous and I was so proud-- I even had bought it before it came out... and one morning (3 days after buying it) I came out only to find someone had backed up into the back of it and the trunk and bumper were crushed.
It's a terrible feeling to think someone could just drive away.