Buddha
Day #8 Our Final Full Day as Tourists
On Lantau Island we took a bus to the crystal cable cars. The cable cars dropped us off in a village near the Big Buddha. From there we strolled through the little village and then took a guided bus tour to a fishing village and then on towards the base of the huge statue. The steps to the statue were easy-peasy for us after the Great Wall hike (or unhike as I like to call it). Then we walked ourselves back down to the village and onto the cable cars. We stayed in the area and visited a huge outlet mall staying out late.
Kids getting to ride the golf cart to the bus stop.
Sleepy looking Brickman, me and my girls, and the beautiful ladies Xiaojun and her cousin. Thank you for making us feel at home!
Residential housing in Hong Kong. Wowzers.
“Crystal” cable car to the Big Buddha.
Kind of spooky to walk across the crystal floor of the car at first.
How fun are these photos?
Lars couldn’t get enough of the view looking down. He would have slept there if I’d let him.
Tian Tan Buddha, also known as the Big Buddha, is a large bronze statue of the Buddha, located on Lantau Island. The statue symbolizes the harmonious relationship between man and nature, people and religion. It is a major center of Buddhism in Hong Kong.
There is something about bubbles that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. There were bubbles machines throughout the little village near the statue.
We had some amazing desserts and seafood fried on sticks. This is a mango something or other.
Our tour bus took us to a fishing village. I can’t remember the name, but I bought a natural stone pearl necklace and bracelet from a very nice old gentleman.
We jumped on the bus again to drive closer to the base of the Buddha. And found this great big bug.
Lars and Lyla were the only ones brave enough to try and touch it.
Masie is saying, “Lyla, I don’t think you want to do that.”
This may be a little cruel to post. I promise after her initial shock Lyla wanted to go find it again…
240 steps to the top of the Buddha.
The kids enjoyed racing around the statue, and I enjoyed the view. Hong Kong is so beautiful. I had no idea. It’s worth traveling this far just to stay in and around Hong Kong.
Sweet Masie-girl. Can you see my bracelets?
They found a hole with green water in it and it held their attention for several minutes.
Such handsome fellas.
The necklace doesn’t look right with this shirt, but you get an idea. The men in my life, Luke and then Tommy looking slightly blurry and a lot cheesy.
Back down we go.
I think we lost someone.
Has anyone seen the kids??!!
They sure got a kick out of themselves. I see you Lyla!!
Masie was the big protector with the praying mantis. Not so with the huge ox. Here she’s going, “Go Lyla. Go touch it.”
Coming back down the cable car, we had our own little concert. Makes my heart sing along.
I have one more post about China… On our final day we hit the beach before our mad dash to make our flight back to the States.


1 comments:
I'm loving reading all about your trip! The praying mantis video cracked me up -- so cute! I love little Masie's personality... she is such a little star! :)
Post a Comment