Friday, August 19, 2011

Kinder Kid

He’s gone and become Mr. Independent Don’t Need Mom to Walk Me to My Class Kid.

DSC_1795

Backpack he bought himself online. He even keyed in his own personalization. Favorite snacks for the first day.DSC_1767DSC_1760

Good bye kisses from Dad.

DSC_1777DSC_1780DSC_1768

He’s in Miss Riker’s morning class, so he’s in school for 3 hours a day.

DSC_1790DSC_1786DSC_1792

I had to assure him this was the only day I’d be taking his photo before school, so please smile…. please! He wasn’t really in the mood. He was too excited and just wanted to head to his campus.

DSC_1796DSC_1797DSC_1799

I think he pulls off the khaki shorts and belt look very well.

DSC_1807

Shoes and socks are a real problem for him. He’s grown up wearing Croc shoes or sandals and does not like his wide feet to be enclosed all day. I love these loafers and they suit him well because they give a lot in the width as he walks or runs.

DSC_1811DSC_1813DSC_1815DSC_1819

Lars isn’t going to let Miles get away without teasing him first. Watch out!

DSC_1822DSC_1827

Everyone of us loves our kisses.

DSC_1833DSC_1843DSC_1847DSC_1852DSC_1856

He was not going to give me a kiss for the camera though.

DSC_1862DSC_1866

His school is just a mile away, so I thought instead of fighting the first day of school traffic, we’d walk. It worked great except I didn’t bring enough water for the trek back with the three younger kids. It was nearly 100 degrees by the time we got home.

DSC_1878

Miles leading the way with Masie close behind. Also, Miles’s good buddy Sam who sadly is in the other kindergarten class.

IMAG0061DSC_1886

Our family and neighborhood/church friends the Stanleys.

DSC_1898

Gorgeous boys are ready for their first day! Miles, Ashton and Sam.

DSC_1905 copy

See Miles right in the middle of the picture? His buddy Ashton is two desks ahead of him.

DSC_1919

He’s had a week of school under his belt as I’m posting this. He seems love it, but he has loads of questions about what we did while he was away, but then he doesn’t offer much information about what he did. I know he likes recess, P.E. and music and that the bathroom in his class ran out of soap on the first day. He’s had homework every night and really enjoys the one-on-one time to study. We sure are proud of our kinderkid!

4 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl

Handsome guy! My Peacock is standing here and saw the photo of the 3 boys and she said, "I used to be in that picture." :)

Mostly Jessica

His facial expressions and eyes are so much like my son's it's crazy! Cute, cute, cute!

Christine Mains

The dress code in his school is adorable! Wow Homework already! He is one sharp kid, and so darn cute!

I've had 3 kindergartener's over the past 2 years, and it feels so sad not to have one this year. I love kindergarten!

Taylors

Too CUTE!!!