Monday, April 20, 2009

Pat's Run

I think I had a fairly productive Saturday.
The day started early with Pat's Run.
Jena and I decided to set a goal to finish this 4.2 mile race. I said "finish" not actually try to win or even really race. I felt so good through the whole run (I did run the whole way) and was able to sprint across the finish line. I feel motivated to continue with my running. I have never ran competitively. I think in middle school I raced in the hurdles, but that's as close as I've ever gotten to racing. Well, besides the timed mile we had to do every year for gym class, and I don't think I ever got below a 6 minute mile even then.
Maybe one day I'll be able to do a 1/2 marathon :)

After the race, I booked it home to meet Xiaojun's parents. They flew in from SLC to buy our little Ranger and drive it back to Provo, UT. Miles is having a hard time parting with
"Daddy's little truck".
Luke still has his F150, but we haven't needed the Ranger for a several months.
I think we found it a great home.

Next we raced off to Hanna's 3rd birthday party. Hanna is a friend of Miles's from swim class. Her family is from Austria, and we love listening to their accents or hearing them speak German. Miles gets Austria and Australia confused - understandably ;) (Luke's shirt says "give blood, play rugby")
We made is home in time for Masie to have a nap but too late for Miles. So Luke and I hung out in the backyard with Miles while Masie slept.
We headed to A&W for dinner to celebrate my FIRST race - there will be others :) I downed a medium sized root beer float, so most of the calories I burned today are back on...

Better start training again.

4 comments:

Christine Mains

Emrie that's awesome. Brian and I are hoping to run a 5 K in a few weeks. I don't get much time to train because my little Owen is having a hard time being away from his mother at the gym. The ladies that watch him are really nice, and are willing to work with him,and to help calm him down so I can work out. I was able to make it through my entire Pilates Work out last week. It was a huge milestone.
When do you go running? I bet the weather in AZ this time a year is perfect for running.

KHecht

Congrats on the race Emrie. You're so motivated. Sounds like you've been doing a lot of "running around." Keep it up.

Arabeth

Good Job Emrie. Running is harder than people think. I hate to run but it's the best form of exercise.

Christine Mains

I've actually never run a race before, but I really want to start racing. I am hoping that I'll really love running in the 5k (my first race) that is coming up, so that I'll be hooked. Your so awesome to wake up at 5 a.m. every morning to run. That is motivation.