Monday, January 19, 2009

Sick House

For the last couple of days we have been so grateful for these:
If you haven't been sick in a while, you've probably never heard of them.
Menthol scented Kleenex!
Why didn't I think of that!?!
And it's just not Luke and I that are sick. Poor baby Masie had vaccines on Thursday, her first tooth just cut through today, and she's so sick she doesn't have a voice. That is why I am so grateful for her baby monitor. I can't even hear my own baby crying! I've lain awake for the last 3 nights staring into the screen watching every little movement she makes. I know if her throat hurts half as much as mine, she's in some real discomfort. Luckily, or unluckily, Miles was sick last week and feeling fine now, so he's got all the energy for our whole family.
Hopefully this will pass quickly.
And doesn't it always seem to be the case that you make a goal to be healthy and exercise more, and you suddenly find you can hardly crawl out of bed...
(They are sugar-free cough-drops I'm sucking on, and I did push Miles in the backyard swing this morning, so I'm calling that health goal attained today!)

1 comments:

Christine Mains

I am a sick mommy this week too. Hopefully it just stays with me. I am NEVER sick, and usually everyone else is. I know what you mean about watching your baby sleep when they are sick. When the twins were newborns they were so sick I think I NEVER SLEPT!!!!