Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oregon

We spent an amazing week in Seaside, Oregon with my mom and brothers, Taylor, Hansan, and Dallan. All the locals were complaining about the chilly weather (temperature in the 40's to 50's), but we Arizonians were loving being out of the heat. Our resort stood over the boardwalk right on the beach with an amazing view of the ocean only 100 yards away. I took over 400 photos (not kidding), see more here. Miles refused to call it the beach and insisted that it was the "sand box" that he wanted to play in. Love it!

I really like this picture of Luke walking along the edge of the water.

No trip is complete without visiting the zoo with our little boy. The rhino was about the only animal he was interested in though and preferred to ride the train and play on the tractor.

Dallan and the other boys caught several starfish and tons of sand dollars.
My mom and brothers enjoying their vacation.
Piggyback ride from Uncle Taylor with the other boys trailing behind.
Run boys, run!
...still running :)

Miles says he's going to share his new rocks with his new "baby seester."
Dirt, water, rocks = boy heaven.
Not sure what this face is for. I think he's trying to copy one of the twins.
Miles hanging out with the big boys.
Yum, just what I love to see - suspicious looking dirt around the mouth. How much do you think he ate?
Miles and me wet after wading through the water.
This was taken at Cannon Beach.
I love this picture of Miles doing the "superman" swing. He loves swinging and would spend all day on them if we'd let him.
This is just inside Ecola State Park before we headed to Indian Beach.
Miles learned a lot of "boy" things from the twins during the week. I know he's definitely growling more now.

4 comments:

Jeppesen Family

Those are awesome pictures! Now I really want to move to Oregon! I'm so glad you guys had a great time with your family! Miles looks like he really likes the beach.
And yes, you can totally borrow clothes! Call me and I'll bring them over so we can sort through what you'd want to use.

Michelle McClure

Emrie! I just heard from Elizabeth that you are getting a baby girl!!! Congrats! I have had your adoption card on my fridge since you sent it and just the other day I was thinking...who could I talk to about finding a baby for Emrie? Then I heard the good news! It couldn't happen to better people!

These are GREAT pics by the way! Miles is a little stud muffin!

Chellie

I love your Oregon pictures... but that is just too cold for me. :) I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.

Christine Mains

I cannot believe how big the twins are. WOW! When I last saw them they were 2, and now my twins are 3.