Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Australia Day

Did you know January 26th is Australia Day? Now you do!

Wikipedia.org: Australia Day (previously known as Anniversary Day, Foundation Day, and ANA Day) is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, the date commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788 and the proclamation at that time of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of New Holland.

We celebrated by drinking loads of ginger beer and gobbling up a bag of chocolate caramel koalas.

Here are my little koalas.

DSC_6486 copyDSC_6498 copyDSC_6510 copy

Then I completely ruined Masie’s day by making up a story about the chewed up koalas in our tummies piecing themselves back together to crawl back out of our bellies. Miles loved my story. Masie was freaked and held her tummy for the rest of night whining about koalas dancing inside of her. Even when I told her it wasn’t real that the koalas were just sugar, she wouldn’t have it. I’d already done too much damage. Sorry baby.

DSC_6538DSC_6540DSC_6545DSC_6552

2 comments:

Christine Mains

Your kids crack me up!!! I love their personalities, and I love that you still can get 4 kids to all NAP!!!!!
That is TALENT, and truly amazing!!!
Do they nap at the same time in the afternoon?

Paradise Found

Yes, they all lay down at 1. Miles still sleeps most days for almost an hour. I know how fortunate I am :)