Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Carting It

Today was the first time I went grocery shopping without my double stroller.

This is a huge deal.

Imagine mischief Masie in Target without a belt, leash, or arm around her. When I shop with all the kids, I plan to only buy enough things to fit in the bottom of the stroller. It has a large basket so it’s usually sufficient. This trip I didn’t have a choice.

I needed a shopping cart.

Lyla had to take the front of the cart with the buckle(where I covered it with the baby cover, so many germs, gross! That’s probably the real reason I haven’t used a cart in so long.) Masie and Miles were both riding in the back. Hold on! Once the cart got too full Miles had to walk. He was ok with it after a few minutes.

We made it through an hour of shopping.

Masie only opened one container of baby food (carrots) and made vampire teeth impressions through the top of one yogurt. She got hold of the eggs, but I was able to rescue them.

I was sure the experience would scar me, but I’m feeling empowered and may try it again. In a few weeks.

1 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl

Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. Shopping with 3 kids is INSANE!! Esp when you have 2 very young ones. I NEVER went without Joel until the last few months.