Choo-choo

Luke and I finally went to the Grand Canyon together! We've both been before but never with each other. His parents tagged along. We did the whole tourist thing staying the night in Williams, watching the wild west show, hopping the train to the canyon, hiking the ridge trail, scoping out the great views, taking the photos perched on the precarious looking ledges (Miles was always holding one of our hands or was strapped in the stroller), and getting held up on the way home. So fun for our little "choo-choo" boy. Miles enjoyed planting his ear on the window to listen to the rumble of the tracks. It put him to sleep on the way there. He did NOT like the entertainment though. A fiddler came through the car, and he immediately started crying. It took me a few minutes to calm and reassure him that it was just music. Then he sort of liked it :) Funny because he's often listened to me play the violin. I loved being out in the fresh cool air with my beautiful family.


2 comments:
It looks like you had a wonderful time! I love the pictures, thanks for sharing them!
To answer your question... we did go on a mini vacation this past weekend, but not the Grand Canyon- we wanted to go somewhere not as far and somewhere we had never been! I'm sure I'll blog about it :)
I guess I should have kept reading to find out about your trip:)What a fun time:)
Love,
Lara
Post a Comment